International Conference on Vertical Farming and Urban Agriculture 2014
by Tim Willmott : Be the first to leave a comment
9th – 10th September 2014 – The University Of Nottingham, UK
The Centre for Urban Agriculture at the University of Nottingham is organising an International Conference on Vertical Farming and Urban Agriculture. This event aims to bring together scientists, engineers, industrialists and policymakers to discuss current ideas, technologies, commercial applications and research opportunities in Vertical Farming and Urban Agriculture. It will evaluate the benefits, opportunities, risks and challenges of vertical farming / urban agriculture and provide a forum for establishing research collaboration and networking between academic researchers and commercial interests.
Key topics for VFUA-2014 include:
- Newly available technologies (LED lighting, tiered growing systems, sensors, etc)
- Plant and crop science for improved resource-use efficiency (water, nutrients, waste)
- Sustainable cities (architectural design, green roof, energy, ventilation)
- Investment in research and development by growers and industry groups
- The economic and social policies implied by urban agriculture and urbanization
- Cross disciplinary themes (challenges posed by resource limits, climate change and food production)
You are welcome to submit your abstract to our conference for oral and poster presentations. Accepted abstracts (papers) will be published by a peer-reviewed open access journal. To be considered for an oral presentation and poster, you must complete an abstract submission form. Call for abstracts close 30 May 2014. Go to the Abstract submissions page.
University of Nottingham
The Exchange Building
The University of Nottingham
Telephone: 0115 876 0900