Act on Climate! – Earth Day 2014
by Tim Willmott : Be the first to leave a comment
April 22 is Earth Day, but the US is celebrating all month, sharing a new tip each day to help you act on climate change.
Help us get the message out
Please help us share a message at noon on Earth Day, along with the link to a page full of things everyone can do to act on climate. We’re using a new system called Thunderclap to coordinate, so a message will go out from everyone at noon on Earth Day. Here’s the catch: we need 500 people to sign up or the message won’t go.
The message is: “For Earth Day, I commit to protect the climate. Take small actions that add up! #ActOnClimate http://epa.gov/climatechange/wycd/ ”
We need your help, both to send the message and to invite your friends to send it, too. Join the effort at https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/10319-on-earth-day-actonclimate , or if you want more information about how it works, see our blog post: http://blog.epa.gov/blog/2014/04/we-need-your-help-to-protect-the-planet
Share daily tips through our website and social media
We’ve created 30 daily tips to act on climate, and we’ll post one each day. Help us get them out there:
- Check out all of the tips at http://epa.gov/earthday/actonclimate/. You can also sign up to get one via email every day in April.
- Follow us as we post each daily tip and retweet/share:
- Blog posts: http://blog.epa.gov/blog/category/earthmonthtips
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/epa
- Facebook: http://facebook.com/epa
- Google+: http://www.google.com/+EPAgov
- Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/usepagov
- Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/epagov
- Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/epagov/act-on-climate
Join a Twitter chat about climate issues
We’re going to have EPA experts available to discuss various climate issues on our @EPAlive account every Tuesday in April:
- April 8, 2:00pm EDT – What can I do to act on climate?
- April 15, 2:00pm EDT – What is EPA doing to act on climate?
- April 22, 2:00pm EDT – EPA Research and Climate: What does the research show about climate change and what we can do about it.
- April 29, 2:00pm EDT – Why is climate action important for our water?
How can you join the conversation? Just follow @EPAlive and the #ActOnClimate hashtag on Twitter. Ask us a question or share your ideas, or just read along with the conversation. In addition to using Twitter, we’ll publish a blog post for each chat, and you can ask your questions or send your thoughts as comments on the post. Here’s the first one: http://blog.epa.gov/blog/2014/04/lets-chat-about-how-to-act-on-climate/