5 great reasons to write for Sustainapedia
Since its founding in 2012, Sustainapedia has sought authors from all over the world who can tell the sustainability story and at the same time enhance their personal and professional writing goals.
Think you’ve got what it takes to write for Sustainapedia? Do you have talent and passion?
There’s only one way to find out—and five good reasons to try your luck.
- You will be uniquely placed to provide news and information from and about your country and your region.
- From slideshows and live blogs to classic long-form editorials, you will be able to explore any formatting options you choose to make your point.
- Our copy editors will check your grammar, fix your typos, and optimize your article for search-engine placement—and then they’ll deliver a handful of personalized tips to help you get by with less help the next time around.
- Even the most fiercely independent blogger needs friends to fall back on from time to time. As a member of the Sustainapedia Writer Program, you’ll never have to look far for a helping hand or a sympathetic ear.
- Authorial freedom is an afterthought at most old-media news outlets, where employees are expected to toe the line in deciding what to write and when to write it. That’s a far cry from the state of things at Sustainapedia, where every member of the Writer Program retains the inalienable right to set the course of his or her own interests.
If you join the Sustainapedia Writing Team, you’ll be at liberty to choose…
The topics of your articles
However diverse or obscure your interests might be, you can speak your mind to your heart’s content within the broad boundaries of Sustainapedia’s remit.
The style of your prose
Our copy editors may make stylistic suggestions for the sake of clarity and concision, but you’ll always have the final say over the presentation of your personal and purposeful words.
The timing of your submissions
You’ll never find yourself working under an involuntary deadline with Sustainapedia—nor will there ever be anything to stop you from posting your analysis of a timely topic as soon as the news breaks.
The frequency of your participation
Some members of the Writer Program publish two or three times a day; others only publish two or three times a month; all contributors are welcome so long as they write with the talent and passion that makes Sustainapedia unique.
If you would like to give it a try (and we’d love it if you do), send us your details in the form below, with ‘Writer’s Program’ in the Subject. Tell us a little about yourself, which topics interest you the most and where you’re from. We’ll get back to you straight away.