Funding for Cleantech Innovation – London 6 June
by Tim Willmott : Comments Off on Funding for Cleantech Innovation – London 6 June
Funding for Cleantech Innovation – London
Thursday, June 6, 2013 from 9:30 AM to 1:30 PM (BST)
London, United Kingdom
The event is aimed at businesses, in particular SMEs, that are interested in finding out more about the funding available to support environmentally sustainable innovation. The Technology Strategy Board (TSB) funding is targeted towards, but not limited to: resource efficiency and waste management, water and wastewater management and treatment, sustainable energy, and land management and food production. Funding programmes to be presented will include: Innovation Vouchers, Smart Awards and Knowledge Transfer Partnerships (KTP).
Larger or more established organisations may be interested to hear about the TSB’s flagship programme: Knowledge Transfer Partnerships (KTP). Businesses benefiting from KTPs may be large or small, private companies, third-sector organisations or public sector bodies. We are keen to attract a wide range of delegates to this event.
We also encourage attendance by academics, from relevant research areas, that are interested in working with TSB-funded projects, to apply their research expertise to real-world business projects.
Examples of successful KTPs can be seen at: http://www.ktponline.org.uk/case-study-search
Why should you attend?
- Receive details of the TSB’s priorities in funding environmentally sustainable innovation
- Hear real-life examples of businesses that have benefited from receiving funding from the TSB
- Understand better how to apply for funding and the way that applications are assessed
- Network and discuss business ideas with experts from the ESKTN and with other relevant businesses and universities
09.30: Registration, networking and refreshments
10.00: Welcome and introduction: the role of the ESKTN in promoting TSB funding opportunities
- Speaker: ESKTN
10.10: Opening: The role of the TSB to support business growth.
- SMART awards and TSB Vouchers: Derek Pedley
- KTPs: Gill Rysiecki (TSB KTP Adviser)
10.30: Presentations of successful case studies:
- Innovation Vouchers: Case study of a successful applicant for a Voucher
- SMART: Case study of a successful applicant for a low carbon clean tech project
- Knowledge Transfer Partnerships: Speakers from business and from academia will present their experiences of winning and delivering a KTP with a focus on environmental sustainability:
- The benefits for the business
- The experience for the Associate
- The contribution from the university
12.15: Networking opportunities followed by lunch. Delegates will be given the opportunity to discuss their business ideas to businesses and academics to establish first contacts to help take the business ideas forward.
Location: Mabledon Place, London WC1H 9BD United Kingdom
Further details about the funding opportunities described:
- Innovation Vouchers: Up to £5k is offered to start-up, micro and smaller businesses to engage with universities to deliver innovative projects.
- SMART: Innovation funding for SMEs. This funding is offered to single companies targeting proof of market through to development of prototype grants, with funding offered £25,000 up to £250,000.
- Knowledge Transfer Partnerships: Partnering businesses with academics to develop new business capability.
The event venue has been selected to be conveniently situated for both public transport and nearby car park facilities.